Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Volley Ball in the Parking Lot Anyone?

So this past weekend, while many from our group were in Dublin running the 5K race, I was here in lovely Dungarvan. It was actually a very nice weekend of relatively sunny weather.

Saturday morning was a very interesting, yet fun, experience. I had gone down stairs in my townhouse and heard voices outside my door. So I went out to say good morning only to find one of my professors, his nephew, and one of my friends playing some sort of ball passing game. I of course joined in the fun. After a little while playing one of my other 2 professors and his two young sons came out and joined in the game as well. It was then that it was suggested by the boys that we play adults vs. kids.

We then set up a court made up of imaginary boundary lines and played a makeshift version of volley ball. We played for at least a good hour and a half. We put up a valiant fight but in the end, at game point, the kids got the upper hand and beat us.

I guess this just goes to show you never quite know what will happen when you step out your front door. You might just end up playing volley ball in a parking lot with 2 of your college professors.

No comments:

Post a Comment