Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dia Duit!

So today we all piled onto a bus in the early morning and made our way to WIT (Waterford Institute of Technology) in Waterford. We met with our Irish Language and Culture professor Seamus O'Diolluin. He then took us on a tour of the campus of WIT and it ended with us getting our student ID's for WIT.

Then we took a few minutes to officially start class where we learned our first few Irish Gaelic phrases; including "Dia duit" which is the formal greeting for "Hello" which translates to "God to you". I can already tell this will be an interesting class.

We then got almost 2 hours to ourselves to explore campus. I'm afraid that what I did was rather boring (homework) in comparison to what I could have done. Fortunately it was just a reading assignment so it was actually not that bad.

We then left Waterford to head back to Dungarvan where I had another class from 6 till 8 but it's ok. We watched a movie tonight to help ease us into the idea of a class that late after a long day in Waterford. Waking Ned Divine was the name of the movie. It was funny and interesting and worth going to such a late class.

Well I must return to homework for now so I will teach you one last word (goodbye) Slan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment