Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Classes

So unfortunately it is not all fun and games here in Dungarvan. We do, in fact, have to take classes, hence studying abroad. So far all of my classes seem like they will be enjoyable. Which is surprising because I usually don't care for politics classes and yet here I am taking American politics as one of my 3 courses.

Basically I have class from 8:30 till 4 except for Tuesdays when we are in Waterford (mentioned in last post) when I have a class pushed back to 6 - 8 at night. And like I said they all seem like they will be good.

One of the classes is called Irish Literature Heritage. And so far it is really good. We are looking and novels and poetry from well known and/or important Irish authors and poets. We are currently reading Castle Rackrent and, while a little confusing at first, it is not entirely awful.  While definitely not a new favorite there are worse things we could be reading.

In fact today's discussion on the first part of the book actually brought to my attention things I hadn't fully caught onto while reading it the first time. And this actually helped make the book a tad more interesting I suppose.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment