Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I Took a Stroll Down the Old Long Walk On The Day I-ay-I-ay....


....I Met a Little Girl And We Stopped to Talk On a Grand Soft Day I-ay.

First, if you haven't heard the song Galway Girl before (Mom? Dad? I'm looking at you :D) then listen to this before you continue reading. 

http://mp3.li/index.php?q=Celtic%20Thunder%20-%20The%20Galway%20Girl  (first mp3)

And here is a video of the same group (Celtic Thunder) singing the song live! I love Celtic Thunder!!

http://vimeo.com/47715493

Ok, now that we have all heard the wonderful song that I honestly thought everyone knew, we can continue on with my trip to Galway!

We didn't spend too much time in the actual city of Galway sadly. We stayed in a hostle in Galway sure, but the majority of our time was spent elsewere. Our first day was spent mostly on the bus getting to Galway and making stops along the way. We got in at around 7 pm so there wasn't much time to do anything in town.

The next day we spent on the lovely Aran Islands. It was so beautiful that day! It was nice and sunny and not too hot either; just perfect. A small group of us went on a bus tour for the majority of our time on the island. It was really cool to see all of the sites on the small island. We stopped off at some cliffs (not as high as Moher but still rather high up). We all had a great time that day.

Afterwards we all did a little shopping at the woolen shops and bought some cute sweaters. Then we all just walked around and enjoyed the island and each other's company. That night we all got back and had a delicious feast created my Carmel herself. It was amazing.

The next day we had to pack everything up and head back to Dungarvan. It was a nice weekend trip I just wish it hadn't gone by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment